Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 2 - 2 and get 5% off
- Buy 3 - 5 and get 10% off
- Buy 6 - 11 and get 15% off
- Buy 12 or above and get 20% off
The Alkaline Plus PH Ionizer Pitcher by WellBlue - the Best Portable Water Ionizer Pitcher I have ever tested!
- The Alkaline Plus PH Ionizer Pitcher lasts the longest, and produces the best pH and ORP!
- This awesome Alkaline PH Pitcher raises pH and lightly Ionizes the water
- I've seen this PH Pitcher produce Negative ORP stronger than other pH pitchers, transforming regular water into antioxidant water.
- A slow flow through active carbon filters the water nicely removing chlorine, heavy metals, organic impurities, odor and many other chemicals.
- The Alkaline Plus PH Pitcher is BPA free! Made with safe, AS & ABS food-grade plastics.
- Reduces heavy metals: The WellBlue filter permanently absorbs metals, such as lead, copper and aluminum, so your drinking water will be cleaner.
- This portable pH pitcher improves the taste of water.
- Contains alkalinizing minerals which will help you alkalize your body.
- Portable water ionizers have four main ingredients: Active carbon, ion-exchange resin, ORP balls [magnetized ceramic balls], Magnesium balls.
- The PH alkaline filter will last about 150-200 liters [up to 70 gallons].
- Any PH Pitcher will give you the best filtration at the rate of 1 quart at a time
How do portable water ionizer pitchers work?
Portable water ionizers use a technology developed over a 10-year period by Dr. Hayashi and others working in the water ionizer industry. The technology uses magnesium and magnetized ceramics in such a combination that excites the water to ionize spontaneously without electricity. There are several products that have sprung up using this technology, and I have tested just about all of them. Some don't work at all [or very poorly], but some of these portable water ionizers will lightly ionize and give you a slight raise in pH and about -100 ORP [which is a fair amount of antioxidants for a portable device, but not anything close to what an electric water ionizer can do]. The Alkaline Plus Water Filter Pitcher by WellBlue is the best portable water ionizer pitcher that I've ever tested. It will bring the water [even reverse osmosis water] up to 9.5 pH and the antioxidant levels to an exceptional -100 to -400, depending on how much water you ionize at one time; whether or not you give the filter a break between filtrations; and how close to filter expiration you are getting.
The Alkaline Plus PH Pitcher Will...
- Filter up to 1/2 gallon [2 quarts/liters] at a time
- Produce Negative ORP [as strong as -300 and I've seen it up to -400 ORP at times], transforming regular water into antioxidant water.
- BPA free! Made with safe, AS & ABS food-grade plastics.
- Soften the tap water: Ion exchange resin remove hardness [Ca+,Mg+].
- You Can Purchase With or Without the Timer: The timer is more of a decorative piece rather than a serious timer. All this little counter does is count the days. It calculates the filter expiration, based on the number of users you select. See the below for instructions. You cannot place them in the refrigerator, because condensation can short out the timer and make it unworkable. [We do not guarantee these timer pieces.]
Instructions for the Alkaline Plus Portable Water Ionizer Pitcher -- Setting or Re-Setting the Timer
Push and hold the set button until you see one or more faces in the screen. Then push and let go several times until you see the number of faces you want. One face per gallon of daily expected use should give you the right time to change the filter. At one gallon per day the filter should need changing in two months. You don't need to use the timer to know this. A calendar or mental note will do. The timer is electronic and shouldn't get wet. It is not a guaranteed feature, and is there for convenience and/or decoration only, as it has no relation to the proper functioning of the filter. Once you see the right number of faces, then push/hold once more until you see the face(s) stop flashing and you see a filter icon to the right of it. Now it's set. If you set it to one gallon per day then in about two months whenever you press/hold the start button and look at the icon -- it will have an "X" over the filter. After one week of showing an "X" over the filter it will go to a blank screen awaiting you to re-program it. It's not suggested to store the pitcher's lid in the refrigerator if the lid has a timer. What could happen is that condensation could possibly form inside the timer and short out the electronics.
Instructions for the Alkaline Plus Portable Water Ionizer Pitcher -- Getting the Best Results
Because the Alkaline Plus Water Ionizer Filter Pitcher by WellBlue requires the ability to add alkalizing minerals to the water. In order to work, it needs to be moistened-up ahead of time and it needs a break between filtrations. After the initial set up rinsing the filter isn't necessary if the filter is still wet or moist from the last pouring. However if it dries out it tends to get less results than when moist. So maybe just pour just one cup [the first thing in the morning] and then after that maybe filter a quart per hour or two [something like that] rather than letting it dry out during the day.
It also may work differently according to what your source water is. For instance if your source is reverse osmosis, then the minerals in the filter will surely deplete faster than if you use regular tap water.
After lots of experimentation, here is what I've found:
- The magnesium balls inside the filter are time-release and the filter must be moistened up prior to getting good results with it. Then the moist filter allows magnesium to be released in the right proportions.
- If you filter a quart or less at a time, the WellBlue ionizing pitcher will ionize better than if you fill it to its capacity.
- If it's going to be a long time in between uses [over 3 hours], store the WellBlue filter in such a way as to keep the filter from drying out. [The magnesium inside the filter needs to be moistened up about 30-60 minutes ahead of each use if you allow it to dry out.]
- To test it you should make sure to use the right test reagent or strips. If the testing strips or reagent doesn't have a wide enough range it won't give reliable results. The free pH strips we offer through our site will work fine to give you accurate results.
- If you're goiing to be not using it for a while [i.e., days, weeks...] then go ahead and let it dry out.
- To dry the WellBlue filter out [for storage]set it, unsealed, in the refrigerator for a few days. Then it will be dry, and you can store it in the pitcher till you're ready to use it again.
- When you are newly using the filter or you're ready to use the WellBlue Pitcher again, after storing it, activate the magnesium time-release balls inside the filter by pouring a cup of water [always cold water...never hot] into the pitcher. Then wait about 30-60 min. and it will be ready to go.
- If you want to supply ionized water to several people we suggest you use two filters alternately, or buy a couple of WellBlue pitchers.
What causes the variables in the pitcher's ability to ionize?
- The source water causes variables. Frequency: The filter ionizes by way of adding magnesium in the presence of magnetized ceramics. The magnesium balls are time-release and only the outer coating softens up to allow magnesium to be released a little at a time. If the filter is used moderately [1 liter per hour or two] then it performs the best. If it's used a lot, then the ionization drops off, because there isn't enough free [softened] magnesium. If it dries out, then the first pouring will be less ionization. However in an hour or two it will be back to peak performance.
FDA and Laboratory TestingSummary of what the Tests are Saying:
The first test reports show that using the Alkaline Plus PH Pitcher s removes chlorine, and heavy metals. [Note: A slow-flow through activated carbon will also remove many other chemicals.] The filter also increases the pH of the water. The second and third tests certify that the plastic materials used in making the pitcher and reservoir [bin] are food-grade, FDA-approved to be non-leaching and safe.
his product is a great introduction to alkaline water at an accessible price.
By Rachel Hurwitz
I wanted to try alkaline water without making a major commitment. This product is a great introduction to alkaline water at an accessible price. It is easy to use and is great straight out of the fridge. My positive experience with the Well Blue has definitely made me want to upgrade to one of the more powerful counter top models.
I’m sold on the concept.
By John Palmer
Being a prostate cancer patient, I found that lowering my pH has helped me sleep better, and feel better. I’m sold on the concept.
The water is the best tasting water I have ever tasted in all my life
By Bradley Smith
I was wondering how the filter would work with RO water. I tested the reverse osmosis water at it has been between 6 and 6.5 on the Ph scale. After the filter I get a 10 Ph reading every time. I’ve even tested the water again after 10 hours being in the vacuum containers I purchased and I still get a reading of 9.5 to 10 Ph.
I do use magnetized earth rings and EM1 beads with my RO water so that may help boost it, and I also add trace minerals after the filter. The water is the best tasting water I have ever tasted in all my life – taste like really good sweet water. I drink well over a gallon a day and add it to my smoothies and green drinks. I noticed that I lost some weight just by drinking the higher Ph mineral rich water.
Love the product.
By Charles Laudadio, MD
Love the product. Whole family uses it. Got ones for both daughters. I also use the water in my Espresso machine as the coffee tastes softer.
I was really skeptical
I was really skeptical about ionization, but it has made a big difference in my energy level. I got it just to use as a filter because the tap water in the city I am in is really gross and I was spending a small fortune on bottled water. I am glad I did!
By Julie Leite
One week and already my health is so much better from this water!!!
I think it’s great!
By Joe Austin
I just got my ORP meter and tested the Wellblue. My orp was -250 and the pH was 10.1. I think it’s great! I tested my electric alkalinizer and it ‘s getting about 9.2 and a -25 ORP . Even though this is small, it’s still way faster than the electric( 1 gallon batch). I’m well pleased with it.
Thank you for this product it truly has changed my life.
By M. Jill Daniel
I am devoted to my little pitcher. As promised it makes my water alkaline and the filters are lasting 3 months with regular, daily fill ups, sometimes more than once. I’m saving a ton of money since I no longer have to buy bottled ph balanced water. Also I’m going on a 3 week vacation to a condo in Hawaii the end of this year and, proving the beauty of portability, I’ll be mailing it to use while there. I have LPR ( laryngopharyngeal reflux) and I am able to eat foods higher in acid when I drink my ionized water.
Thank you so much!
By Chuck Littau
Well I receive my two WellBlue Pitchers today. I followed the instructions and let both filters set in water for 15 minutes to activate them. Then, as instructed, I filled both reservoirs twice with water and let them filter into the pitchers; and disposed of that water.
According to Cathleen at AlkalineWaterPlus.com, I should now let the filters rest for two or three hours to get the best results. Of course I did not do that, so these results should be much better in future tests.
I did not test my tap water today, but I know it usually ranges from 9.2 to 10.5 PH with a high ORP of +230.
First Wellblue Pitcher tested: 10.6 PH & -248 ORP
I am excited to be drinking water with a -200 ORP or greater. I am hoping after letting it rest between filtering that I will get into the -300 ORP range.
A few hours later: I have drank the first pitcher and starting on the 2nd pitcher. I tested this second pitcher and here are those results:
Second Wellblue Pitcher tested: 10.6 PH & -456 ORP
Than is impressive!
And Cathleen’s support has also been impressive. I am not sure I have ever seen a business be so committed to their customer’s.
This is one of the best purchases for my health I’ve ever made.
By Monica Hope
August 2014 will make three months since I’ve been using the WellBlue Portable Water Ionizer Pitcher. My NYC tap water is acidic at pH 5 and once processed through this pitcher the pH becomes 10. The water tastes fantastic! If you follow the directions to remove the filter and keep it in a plastic baggie when not in use, the filter lasts significantly longer. I’ve turned several friends onto it and they’ve purchased WellBlue and LOVE it. I use it for my water-based smoothies and cook everything using it, including boiled eggs just in case the eggs crack while boiling. I even use the alkaline water for my ice cube tray! Obsessed much? Why, yes I am, and happily so! I will continue to recommend the WellBlue Portable to others and plan to buy one to keep in the office so I can stop traveling with the two 24-ounce thermos bottles I also purchased with the pitcher.
The pitcher works.
I use city water with a pH of @ 7 and lots of chlorine. Afer putting it through the pitcher, I pH tested the water at @ 8.5 and no chlorine. It’s great for traveling too.
great filter but pitcher needs improving
By Misty R.
I have been using the pitcher for a little over a week now. Since I live in St. Louis our drinking waters ph level is great, I am using the pitcher to filter out all the metals and fluoride from my water. Using this water has greatly improved the quality of my teas and other drinks I make at home.
I however find the design of the pitcher a little annoying, particularly the lid. When pouring the lid comes off half the time even though I check to make sure it is tightly down on the water reservoir. The flap that the water comes out of sticks closed half the time. They are small things but make using this product a hassle when I have water spilling all over or problems getting water out.